Tuesday, September 24, 2013

SeptEMBER

Unfortunately, my hands smell like cigarettes
And my bodies cold
And you're at home
And my eyes are tired
And my body is slowly m
                                             E
                                                L
                                                    t
                                   ing
Deeper and deeper and deeper into my sheets, I can nearly feel my floor boards cracking as I keep replaying our nights together and how I really wanted my body to be filling with cancer so it wasn't just stealing you away and I can feel your head on my shoulder and how your socks felt on my feet.
My sheets won't stop whispering and my floor won't stop creeking and I'm glad I'm cold because it reminds me of our nights together and how they don't mean as much to you as they do to me,
and every night it's never enough, it's never enough time, you get tired and I pretend i'm tired too and you take me home and i'm numb all over again and I don't want to go to sleep because I don't know if my mind can handle the way your hands feel or the way your voice sounds when you say
"I adore you"
You pretend too much and you tell too many jokes and I can't help but fall in love with you over and over
and over
and over
a n d
o v e r   a g a i n


No comments:

Post a Comment