Friday, October 4, 2013

This is the best way I can describe how you make me feel

I had a forest growing inside my chest, where young lovers carved their names in trees, with a cabin for honeymooners who were entwined like puzzle pieces. 

You could hear whispers in ears:

"I'm not sure if this will last forever, but I don't really care if it doesn't, because we are forever right now. I adore you, I need you, I don't want to get the feeling of you off my hands and I don't want to stop kissing your lips."

"You mean as much to me as anyone could. I don't fall in love this easily, I love you, I think I need you. No one has to know, this is just you and I. We can die if you want to, as long as I can make you my grave. My chest was built to quake for you and my hands were shaped to fit your flesh."

My chest had a forest full of memories, now it's nothing. 
The last lovers who were here burned it down. He fucked her, lit a cigarette as she laid next to him, bruises down her back, the feeling of his breath still on her neck.

He burnt it all down, all of it. Destroyed, not even ash was left, just skeletons. 






No comments:

Post a Comment