Sunday, June 23, 2013

That damn bird won't stop screaming

There is a Dove in my chest, he's hidden under ash and old feathers.
He screams loudly every time your skin touches my coat or your lips part.
He runs my heart, he builds the nest where it rests, he pulls the strings when it forgets to beat.
He screams whenever someone asks me a question or takes a picture; he doesn't want the world to know about him or I.
There is a Dove in my chest who digs tunnels through my body; he owns me, collecting all my insecurities and building them up until i see you.
He pecks open my chest and they all come flying out like caged birds, except for this Dove.
He never leaves.
He sews up my chest with string he collected off a dress from a young girl who's mother never raised her right.
There is a dove in my chest who screams loudly every time your hands touch me, so he took them from you and built a cage around my heart.

You have my heart in your hands.

Please. 
Don't hold too tight.





1 comment: