Thursday, June 20, 2013

Love, we would be terrible together



If I could cut you into every inch of my body I would and I'd talk to everyone just so I could tell them your story. 
I'd make sure they knew how you only bathed in lakes, just in case that was the day you decided to drown yourself someone would find your body somewhere beautiful.
I'd tell them how you wrote stories and how you drank tea. 
I'd tell them how I lied to you, a lot. 
If I could carry you with me everywhere I went I'd brag about how great of friends we are. I'd let them know that three nights out of the month you're all mine. 
I'd tell them about the time we danced together but never held each other.
I'd tell them about the time I told you how much a cared for you and you told me you wished people didn't care. 
If I could fly to the stars and back, i'd choose not to come back just so I would know if you missed me as much as I missed you.
I'd tell the stars about the roughness of your hands and how they match the roughness of me. 
I'd make sure the stars knew that once you made it to the moon you'd never stop fishing and you'd never stop writing your story no matter how much you hated it. 
If I could I would tell your mom every day how thankful I am that she gave birth to you and I would make sure that your dad knew how happy I was that he loved her. 
I'd make sure that everyone I met knew about how hot you are and how cold you can be. 
If I could wake up to you every morning i'd tell you to go back to sleep just so I could watch your chest go   up
                                    up
                                          up

                                                      and never come down
I'd let the oceans know that you run so much deeper than they do, i'd let them know that you're the reason i'm still sailing. The oceans will be so jealous.
If I could I would build you a cabin, i'd fill it with picture frames of strangers who were happier than we were.
I'd glue all the vinyls back together that we threw at each other
I'd wipe up the whiskey you left on the floor and sweep up the feathers we plucked from one another 
I'd burn the sheets we drowned in, wrapped together in just our skin
I'd kiss you and make it mean so much and you'd tell me you loved me and it would mean so little 
I'd tare down the wall paper and find the reason we ever loved each other, i'd pin all the pictures to the sky and compare you to the stars
I'd take the gasoline from the shed and burn down the whole damn place, i'd leave the ashes for the forest to grow stronger; it was something we were never able to do.
If I could I would carve you into all 206 of my bones, so I could remember how it felt to have you so close but yet so far away. 

2 comments:

  1. Duuuuuuude. Summer Blogs are where it's at. Great post. Great images. You manage to write about love without being cliche.

    My favorite image is the one about the cabin. The picture frames of happy strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit. So good.
    Nelson hit it spot on, you are one of the few of us young folks who can write about love with out being cliche. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete